Despite the wide range of modern opportunities to monitor personal hygiene in the fullest way, in the 21st century, fungus on the hands, feet and nails is diagnosed quite often. The question "how can you quickly cure nail fungus in children and adults" is one of the hottest questions in appointing a dermatologist. And for good reason. Even if the disease is not life threatening and does not cause any physical suffering, it forces patients to suffer mentally. After all, the presence of a fungus is often subjectively associated with infertility, violation of personal hygiene and social disease. But often people who take care of themselves also get sick with it.
Fungi are the popular name for any disease caused by parasitic fungi. The official name of the pathology, accepted in medical circles, is mycosis.
Fungi are a contagious disease (that is, they come from contact with objects in which the pathogen is located - in particular, with the personal belongings of a person suffering from mycosis). This means that, first of all, the disease affects open, easily accessible areas of the human body - feet, hands, fingernails and toenails. The question of how to get rid of the symptoms of toenails and toenails is especially important for lovers of public baths, hammams (Turkish baths) and saunas. From there, mycosis often "behaves".
Given the fairly widespread prevalence of the disease, it is necessary to monitor daily the condition of the skin of the hands and feet and consult a specialist, even if there is any doubt whether it is a disease at all.
Clinical symptoms of fungal infections of the hands, feet and nails
The clinical manifestations of mycosis depend on its type. The most common symptoms of fungal skin:
- dry skin;
- change in its color (redness, cyanosis);
- thickening of the skin due to the thickening of their surface layers;
- characteristic flaking, which differs from flaking of a healthy epidermis - cells burst into groups in the form of plaques, lumps or bran;
- a specific odor (in particular, it is particularly pronounced if the feet are touched).
He is able to develop very quickly. Therefore, you should immediately consult a doctor if there are signs of the initial stage of nail fungus.
Signs of nail fungus:
- thickening and looseness of nail plates;
- their deafness;
- the color of the nail plates is gray-dirty, yellow or yellow-brown;
- if the disease is not treated, in advanced cases the nail plate is layered.
Treatment. Effective Remedies For Toenail Fungus And Toenails
Drugs No. 1 in the treatment of fungi are antifungal agents used topically, treating the lesion with them. The best remedy for nail, foot and brush fungus meets the following requirements:
- creates a high concentration of antifungal ingredient so you do not need to lubricate the affected area all the time;
- is not aggressive, does not irritate the skin;
- does not provoke allergic reactions;
- in addition to antifungal, it has an antibacterial effect (with mycosis, it is possible to attach a bacterial infection).
If local therapy is ineffective or frequent relapses occur, antifungal drug treatment of the so-called systemic action is used - in particular, per os (translated as "by mouth").
There are many antifungal drugs on sale in pharmacy chains. With the help of a specialist, you can always find cheap medicines and oils against nail fungus. This applies to medicinal products of domestic and foreign production - oils, gels, sprays, applications, nail polishes. In particular, the price of a spray for the treatment of nail fungus is quite low. Once you have contacted the dermatologists of the clinic, you will always receive worthy advice on how to choose "your own" among the variety of antifungal drugs.
Patients often ask the question whether it is possible to cure mycosis with the help of folk remedies "grandmother". In fact, many of them are effective - for example, tea tree oil for nail fungus is used quite widely. But before using traditional methods, you should not be lazy and consult a highly qualified specialist.
In addition to medicines, revolutionary non-medicinal methods to affect fungal colonies that have settled on the skin or nails are used to treat mycoses. In particular, laser treatment of nail fungus has proven itself. The laser beam destroys mycotic structures while not acting destructively on the cells of the human body.
Regardless of the effective remedies taken during the treatment of toenails and toenail fungus, with repeated contact with the "owner" of the parasite, the disease can occur more than once. The body does not form a specific (target) immunity against mycosis pathogens. Therefore, you should follow the simple rules of hygiene in order not to catch the "infection" again:
- do not use other people's personal belongings, even close relatives - gloves, socks, socks, towels, shoes;
- change socks and stockings every day;
- wash your feet (or at least your feet) daily in fresh water with antibacterial soap;
- if possible, avoid visiting baths, hammams and saunas; it is not at all difficult to give up such life pleasures, having seen at least once in your life what a neglected form of fungus on the skin looks like (in real life or in an online photo);
- if however you decide to go to the bathroom, do not use the public tub and rubber clothes, as well as other people's slippers, after the bath, take a shower at home using bactericidal soap or shower gel.
Always remember hand and foot hygiene, especially at important and crucial times in your life, so that you do not rush to look for the quickest way to treat nail, hand or foot fungus. Each treatment requires a certain time, and the expulsion of parasitic organisms (fungi) - even more so.